Monday, March 8, 2010

Why can't I break the all or nothing mindset.....

Sunday night my family went out to Peter Lugar's steakhouse for my father's birthday. I didn't have a plan so I ate what I felt like.

Bread and crackers dipped in the steak sauce.
My half of steak for two.
German potatoes and creamed spinach.
And then for dessert....the hot fudge sundae....why???

Then Monday morning I had an early appointment and got up at 6:10 and didn't get my food ready so I stopped at good old Starbucks on the way to work and instead of just getting coffee, I also got a scone....why???

And then someone at work gives me a small bag of treats from a co-worker from an overseas office and a eat each treat one by one......why???
I need to break this all or nothing cycle. It is okay to have a little more at a meal but I need to end it there and not tack on dessert and then wake up the next day without a plan.

I need to PLAN my food as much as I plan everything else in my life. Why do I not stick to my plan of what to eat yet I stick to my other plans in life??

I planned to get into a certain profession and I succeeded.
I planned on buying my co-op and I succeeded.
I am now beginning my plan to buy a house and I will keep you updated when I succeed...notice I didn't say IF I succeed :)
I planned on participating in many fundraising events (BC 3day and TNT) and I succeeded.

So why can't I plan to lose weight and succeed???
Something to ponder on and I hope to come up with an answer :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey I am with you - I have the hardest time sticking to a food plan. My friend just gave me a 1/2 doz double chocolate chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I just ate 3. Why?

    ReplyDelete